Anyway... I had been contemplating what cookies to take home with us to Michigan while doing my nightly cooking/baking blog surfing, when I came across the Cranberry Bliss Bar copy cat recipe. This started my search to find the exact recipe I wanted to use.. After searching and searching and finding only small differences between the various recipes I decided on this one from Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats.
Here are my notes:
- I only used the vanilla extract in the cake.. Other websites said to use both vanilla and orange extract. This recipe says "or".. I didn't have any orange extract...
- After trying to find candied ginger at 2 stores I gave up and decided not to add it.
- For the cake I used white chocolate chips instead of cutting up a bar
- Frosting- I used the lemon juice.. at first I thought it tasted too Lemony... but as these bars sat in fridge the tasted mellowed out.
- Drizzle Icing- I used the white chocolate chips melted because this is how I remember the actual bar from Starbucks.. This makes these bars pretty difficult to cut... so you may want to cut them before the chocolate is completely hard.
- Also I used the trick of melting the white chocolate and shortening in the Ziplock that you are going to use to drizzle.. AMAZING! Never thought of it before!!
- The recipe says 16 servings.. I got way way more!! I cut these rather small.. they are really rich!