Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookie Dough Dip

Eating cookie dough is the best part of making cookies!  I was waiting for some type of event to make this dip, because I knew if I made it just because I’d eat it all.  I have a weakness for cookie dough.  Be prepared to love it and want to eat all of it.  It is not identical to cookie dough because of the slight cream cheese flavor, but it’s similar enough.  I served this dip with graham crackers and pretzel sticks.    


Makes about 1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups chocolate chips

Melt butter on medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to slowly bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.
Using a mixer cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth (make sure its not lumpy or you will have lumps in your final mixture). With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Chill until ready to serve!

1 comment: