Friday, January 21, 2011

Roasted Curry Cauliflower

Cauliflower has always been my favorite vegetable, even as a kid.  I always loved eating it raw or steamed.  I would always load up my plate and even take seconds.  (I know what kid does that??)  D never seemed to like it that much when I had made it in the past, so I stopped making it as often.  Until, one day I was on the search for a curry cauliflower dish.  My brother had made one for me a long time back and I loved it!  (I still need a good recipe for this!)  Instead of a real curry dish, I found a ton of recipes for roasted curry cauliflower.  Interesting to me, I loved cauliflower and never had it roasted!  We tried it, WE love it!  It is now a staple dish in our house!  YAY the cauliflower is back in my life!!!

Here is how it is done.  Turn oven to 425 deg.  Cut up cauliflower into florets and throw into foil lined pan.  Either toss with olive oil or spray with olive oil cooking spray.  Coat with whatever spices you'd like..  To make it curry roasted cauliflower we use curry powder, cumin, and turmeric.  However, I've done this with just garlic and onion powder... so use whatever spices you like!  Place in oven, turning the cauliflower every 10 minutes or so.  We usually keep the cauliflower in for 30-45 minutes.  Watch for brown edges (not burnt). 


No comments:

Post a Comment