Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Balsamic Turnips

We were standing in the produce section trying to determine what vegetables we would like for the week. I said I’d like to try making fresh beets. After a discussion about how they stain, I decided against it (but only for a little while). D said he liked turnips. I wasn’t sure if I’ve ever had one (MOM- did you ever make them?). So we bought turnips. So they sat in the fridge until I ran out of all my familiar vegetables. Now, what to do with the turnips? Hello Google here I come… After reading tons of recipes of what to do with a turnip I decided to wing it and incorporate a few of the recipes I saw. I decided that turnips are my new friend in the kitchen. I loved them! Here are Balsamic Roasted Turnips:




Ingredients:

2 Turnips
½ tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar + ½ Tbs

Turn oven up to 425 deg F. Cut off bottom and top of turnips and cut into about 1 inch pieces. Toss with olive oil and Vinegar and place on baking sheet with foil and baking spray. Roast for about 30 min. total. Flip occasionally. Sprinkle a little more balsamic vinegar over the top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment