Monday, April 4, 2011

Beef with Broccoli


When I was younger if I was at a mall type Chinese restaurants I always ordered beef with broccoli.  I love broccoli at Chinese restaurants, its still crisp and the broccoli soaks up the sauce perfectly.  For some reason, I've gotten away from ordering it and have new favorite items.  I really wanted that perfect broccoli with sauce at home.  I looked up a lot of recipes before I decided to just wing it on my own.  The orange flavor was a great addition.

Orange Beef with Broccoli

1 lb beef tenderloin
oil for pan
3 TBS low sodium soy sauce
1/3 c. low sugar orange marmalade (or more)
1/3 c. water
Head of broccoli

1.  Heat oil in a pan on high and add beef tenderloin cut into 1 inch pieces. Brown steak quickly (1-2 minutes).
2.  Turn down heat to low.  Mix marmalade and water and add to pan along with soy sauce.  Add broccoli florets.
3.  Cover pan and allow to simmer until broccoli is tender (5-10 minutes).
4. Serve alone or over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment