Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Turkey Muffins and Mashed Cauliflower


These are both items I've never made.  I make meatloaf and I often change up the recipe trying different things, but I've never made them in a muffin tin.  Its a great idea because its automatic portion control, they cook up faster, and I don't have to fight with D over the edge pieces.  I love cauliflower, I think I'd consider it my favorite vegetable, but I've never had it mashed to be like mashed potatoes.  You're not going to fool anyone into thinking they are potatoes but its still a close substitute.




Turkey Muffins (adapted from Skinny Taste)
1/2 onion grated
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 c. oatmeal  (this is less than the original amount, I didn't want them to dry out)
1 egg
1/4 c. ketchup + 2  TBS
2 tsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

1.  Grate onion, mix with turkey, oatmeal, egg, 1/4 c ketchup and spices
2.  Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill muffins with meat mixture.  (I made 5)
3.  Mix 2 TBS ketchup with Worcestershire and spread on top of muffins.
4.  Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 deg.

Mashed Cauliflower

Head of cauliflower
1/4 cup milk or cream (more or less depending on the texture you'd like)
1 TBS Butter (optional)
Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)

1.  Steam cauliflower.
2.  Mash cauliflower with milk, butter, and grated Parmesan cheese.


Check out other recipes at A Southern Fairy Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment