Monday, March 14, 2011

Carrot Cake


With all the cakes being made for cake decorating class, I got a request for carrot cake.  My typical carrot cake is made in a bundt pan and I wasn't sure it would work as a layer cake, so I started a search for a quick easy carrot cake.  This cake was quick to put together (except for the grating carrots) and tasted just as good as my other one!  Next time, I will just use the food processor to grate the carrots!  I was just too lazy to get it out, but in the long run it would have been less work!  


Carrot Cake (Adapted from Baking Junkie, visit the link for the original)


2 cups flour
2 cups sugar (I didn't fill the cups completely full)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/8  to 1/4 tsp ginger, all spice, nutmeg, cloves  (I added these to the original recipe)
3 cups finely shredded carrot
1 cup vegetable oil

2 oz crushed walnuts (or more, another addition of mine.)
4 eggs



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of mixer beat together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and spices. Add in carrot, vegetable oil and eggs and mix with mixer. Pour into two well greased 9 inch round cake pans (I used 8 inch because that's what we need for class). Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment