Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chewy Fudgy Brownies


D wanted brownies and we needed to make do with what we had on hand.  I had a chocolate cookbook that I have never used and assumed there had to be a brownie recipe in it to try.  I was right.  These brownies were perfect.  D and I both want a chewy fudge texture to our brownies... NO cake brownies here.  If I wanted a cake texture I'd make a cake, not a brownie.  These are my new brownie recipe. 

Dave and Kate's Remarkable Brownies (from The Great Book of Chocolate by David Lebovitz)

8 TBS (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped (I used a mix of chocolate chips & super dark chocolate.. just use what you have on hand)
1 c. sugar (I reduced this to 3/4 c. because of using chocolate chips)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 TBS Flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c. walnuts (Optional)
1/2 c. chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 325 deg.  Prepare an 8 inch pan with baking spray.

In sauce pan, melt the butter.  Add chopped chocolate and stir over low heat until melted.  Remove from the heat and mix in sugar, then eggs and vanilla.

Stir in flour and salt, then nuts and chocolate chips.  Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment